Who am I?
My quest is on for the past 20 years and is turning interesting and exciting by the day. I ‘learn something significant from all life experiences’ – from my accomplishments, mistakes (a whole lot of them!) and all mundane moments of every day. I believe ‘my actions are my true belongings’ and so endeavour to create small ripples through my actions hoping they turn into waves in due course of time.
Through these pages I wish to share my evolving experiences of being, belonging and becoming!
What am I?
- Professor of Organisational Behaviour, Jansons School of Business
- Co‐founder-Facilitator, Relations Institute of Development, Coimbatore
- Trustee, South Asian Association of Transactional Analysts (SAATA)
- Internationally accredited as Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (TSTA) in the organisational field
- Master Practitioner in NLP
- Associate of Asha Counselling and Training Services, Coimbatore
What do I do?
Specialty in organisational development, with TA includes, creating awareness, leadership, team building, problem‐solving, conflict resolution, group dynamics, communication and motivation.
Part of a team of trainers facilitating groups of professionals in Coimbatore, Bangalore, Hosur and Calicut preparing organisational trainers and consultants and counsellors for the International Certification as Transactional Analysts in the field of Organisational Development and Counselling.
Over two decades experience in the industry, teaching MBAs, and industrial training, counselling and consultancy. Specialties include Organisational Behaviour, Applied
Behavioural Sciences and Human Relations Development. Current research interests are on personality and leadership studies from the Indian philosophical perspective.
Enjoy reading non‐fiction, running, travelling, trekking and cooking!
What did I study?
2010 Ph.D., Dr. G.R. Damodaran College of Science, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
2008 TSTA (O), Training and Certification Council of Transactional Analysts, USA
2004 M.A. (Applied Psychology), Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar
2000 M.Phil. (Entrepreneurship), Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
1999 CTA (O), Training and Certification Council of Transactional Analysts, USA
1999 P.G.D.H.E. (Higher Education), Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
1994 M.B.A., BSMED, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
1992 P.G.D.B.A., Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
1990 B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), P.S.G. College of Technology, Coimbatore
1986 H.S.C., St. Michael’s Hr. Sec. School, Coimbatore
1984 S.S.L.C., St. Michael’s Hr. Sec. School, Coimbatore
Where did I work?
2010 to date Professor, Jansons School of Business, Coimbatore
1995 to date Co‐director, Facilitator, Relations Institute of Development, Coimbatore
1998 to date Faculty, Asha counselling and Training Services
1994 to 2003 Asst. Professor, GRD Institute of Management
1991 Inspection Engineer, SGS India P Limited, Chennai
1990‐1991 Development Engineer, Union Carbide India Limited
What are my professional affiliations?
- Teaching Member, International Transactional Analysis Association
- Life Member, South Asian Association of Transactional Analysts
- Trainer Member, Institute of Developmental Transactional Analysis, UK
- Life Member, Institute for Counselling and Transactional Analysis, Kochi
- Life Member, Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Science, New Delhi
- Life Member, National HRD Network, New Delhi
- Life Member, Divyodaya‐centre for inter religious harmony, Coimbatore
- Member, Global Facilitators Network, Dubai
- Member, International Association for Business, Commerce and Technology Faculty
My journey through transactional analysis
1994 Started CTA training with P. K. Saru as Primary Supervisor
1995 Coordinator & Counsellor, GRD Counselling Centre, Coimbatore (till 2003)
1997 Co‐convenor, ITAA designated conference, Coimbatore, India
1997 Secretary, TA Study Circle of Coimbatore (till 1999)
1999 BTA from ICTA and CTA from T&CC/ITAA
1999 Exam Coordinator – India, Board of Certification, T&CC (till 2000)
2000 Training Endorsement Workshop in Coimbatore, India
2001 Member, Training Standards Committee (TSC)
2001 President, TA Study Circle of Coimbatore (till 2003)
2001 Co‐chair of TSC (till 2002)
2002 Member, Finance Committee, ITAA (till 2004)
2003 Trustee, Centre for Holistic Integrated Learning and Development, Coimbatore (till 2007)
2004 Member, Editorial Board, Transactional Analysis Journal (till 2006)
2004 Communications Chair, ITAA designated conference, Bangalore, India
2007 Vice President ‐ Operations, ITAA (till 2009)
2007 Vice President – Training Standards and Ethics, SAATA (till 2010)
2010 Vice President – Research and Innovation, ITAA (till 2012)
Chair, Eric Berne Memorial Award Committee (till date)
Chair, Nominations Committee
Vice President – Research and Development, SAATA (till 2013)
2012 President and Chair, Training and Certification Council of Transactional Analysts Inc. (till 2014)
2014 Secretary, South Asian Association of Transactional Analysts (till 2016)
2015 President, International Transactional Analysis Association (till 2017)
SURIYAPRAKASH C, PhD
- L 505, Purva Bluemont, Trichy Road, Singanallur, Coimbatore 641005 INDIA
- +91 99420 81078